You Could Not Ask For More From The Rat Control Experts
Overview Of Geothermal Energy
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 Subscribe To Our Feed
Yesterday, Julia, my little step-sister came to me and showed me that her science teacher told them that carpet could be recycled.
– No it is not recyclable, was my answer. It could be possible to reuse it, but surely not possible to be recycled.
As she didn’t stop arguing with me and even said that those carpet recyclers had their own association in U.S.A.. I decided to go online and searched for it. As it appear, the little girl was incredibly right. I learned about a carpet recyclers association. Also there was also a construction waste recycler in my area that handle such items. I found about Recymobilier and Recyconstruction in my sector : they take care of recycling a variety of appliances, furniture, electronic material and construction waste. I spoke to an environment specialist, Andre, and he was showing to me about all the things that are possible to recycle as of now.
– Carpet is taken for the plastic it contains, it could either end up as a new carpet or anything else made with plastic.
– Wood debris are shipped to an electrical factory, they use it to generate power. It is a smoke-free combustion process that do no impact on climate changes.
– Drywall are passed through some machines and shredded, paper as well as paint are removed, and the remaining gypsum can serve in agriculture or serve to build new drywall.
And the same happens for each variety of material. It is incredibly great to realize that we are standing there. To people expecting to make money by selling their old sofa or drywall, I would like to add that there are fees to recycle that type of material.
– We were only in the business of e-waste recycling a while ago. It changed, since at one point we were exclusively recycling the items that we were getting because it was not worth to resell it, we started to charge a recycling fee to some items that cost more to recycle than to toss away. Since we realized that most people want to make a difference to the environment and were were OK with paying a small charge to help with the handling of the material, we decided it was time to add extra recycling services that couldn’t be sustainable by their content to give an alternative choice to landfill.
– Fortunately, the service received a tremendous feedback, as it came to life right in the middle of all green movements, residential or commercial. Industries and building owners are getting more aware of the green movement, reason why more and more building managers are competing to become LEED certified.
Top Of Page
Site Search Tags: No Tags
Technorati Tags: No Tags
Related Tags: No Tags
Possible Related Posts
Sustainable buildingGood Reasons To Recycle Aluminum And Steel CansHow Are Gypsum Walls Recycled